What’s Important to You?
Obviously when it’s time to sell your house you want to make the most money with the shortest listing time possible. Aside from that, what’s important to you? Is it important that you trust your agent/listing agency? Is it important that your agent is available to answer calls from you and potential buyers? Is it important that your agent is available , 5 days a week or 7 days a week? Is it important to have flyers, open houses, email marketing, mailers, etc.? Are pictures of your home important? While we agree that location and listing price is of great importance, the Mullinax & Dunn Team also believes that listening to and working with you the seller is of great importance!
In todays world of “reality” tv about buying and selling real estate and about home improvements, it may be more important than ever to seriously consider “staging” the house you wish to sell.
- Most buyers form an opinion about a home within the first 7-10 seconds of arriving.
- It is estimated that only 10% of home buyers can visualize the potential of a home. That means 90% are not going to be able to look past dirt, clutter, and imperfections.
- According to a 2011 study by HomeGain.com, these are some top updates you can make to prepare your home for sale that will result in the greatest return on your investment:
- Clean and declutter: 872%
- Lighten & brighten: 572%
- Landscaping (both front and back): 473%
- Paint interior: 250%
- Update kitchen: 237%
- Update bathroom: 172%
- Staged homes spent 83% less time on the market than non-staged homes. (HomeGain.com)
- The median dollar value to stage a home is $675 for each home. This dollar amount makes it difficult for some sellers to hire a professional stager. Thankfully with places like Target, and internet sites such as HGTV to give you tips, sellers also can create an inviting, eye catching house.
Many property photos are awful. In fact, there is a website devoted to showcasing bad real estate photography. Did you know that over 90% of buyers look at homes they’ve found on the Internet. Mullinax & Dunn understands that it is critical that your home makes a strong first impression online. When you list with Mullinax & Dunn, your house will be photographed by a professional photographer.
In addition to your house appearing on our website, it will also be listed on other websites like, Trulia, Realtor.com, and Zillow, just to name a few. This along with specific internet and social media marketing by the Mullinax & Dunn Team will insure that your listing receives maximum exposure.
For more information on the current market value of your house and/or any listing questions you may have email us.